Are you an experienced leader and passionate about education?
Phenomenal opportunity is now open in dynamic Qatar!
We are looking for a highly qualified Academic Vice Principal for Grades 7 – 12 to provide professional vision and leadership to Qatar-Finland International School starting in Autumn 2022.
Qatar-Finland International School is a K-12 educational institution located in Doha, Qatar. The school follows the Finnish National Core Curriculum combined with local requirements. The school hosts grades 0-12, age groups 5-18 and had the first graduates from Qatar-Finland International High School the spring 2022. The school has over 720 students and approx. 90 pedagogical staff members, 50 of which are from Finland. The primary task of the school is to provide quality education as well as to support and develop the education system of Qatar.
The selected Academic Vice Principal will work collaboratively with the Q.F.I. School Principal and two other Vice Principals, as well as in close collaboration with the ECF home office.
ACADEMIC VICE-PRINCIPAL for grades 7-12
Your main responsibilities are:
- Acting as the direct supervisor for designated staff members
- Leading daily operations
- Leading pedagogical processes
- Leading student welfare work
- Co-leading high school development
- Coordinating and facilitating Finnish International Final Exams at the school
- Substituting Principal
- Participating and contributing to the operational and development teams
- Implementing and developing recruitment processes
- Contributing to staff professional development processes
- Coordinating the development and procurement of educational materials and educational resources according to the school curriculum
Our expectations are:
- A Finnish teacher qualification and a deep understanding of Finnish pedagogy and high school operations in Finland
- A minimum of 3 years of administrative experience as a principal or a vice principal in a Finnish high school
- A minimum of 7 years of teaching experience
- A solid working proficiency in English
- A pedagogically skillful leader, strategic planner and developer
- A dynamic, flexible and highly driven with strong communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Broad knowledge of leading a Finnish school and eligibility to work as a principal in Finland will be considered an advantage
- Working experience in an international and multicultural setting will be considered an advantage
We offer a competitive salary package with a fantastic opportunity to develop professionalism in a truly international environment as a member of an inspiring, multicultural team!
Find more about the school
The application period is 8 – 31 August 2022. However, we will start processing applications right away. The starting of the employment will be agreed upon with the selected person. The School will assist with relocation processes and housing arrangements.
Please note that we do not process email applications.
For further information, please contact Sini Palm, Account Manager, email@example.com, +358 40 480 6161
Contact times: Thu 11 Aug at 11 – 12.30, Mon 15 Aug at 9 – 10.30, Thu 18 Aug at 14 – 15.30 and Wed 24 Aug at 12 – 13.30.
Our research-based tool – Managing Diversity in International Educational Environments Competence Matrix – identifies 15 key competences advantageous for adapting to working life in an international setting. Feel free to explore!
New ECF Pool of Experts is now open
Join our renewed Pool of Experts to stay updated on our long-term career path options as well as short term international projects. For future reference, we are keen on welcoming like-minded education experts into the community.