Join an inspirational learning community
Qatar–Finland International School is located in Doha, Qatar. The school follows the Finnish National Core Curriculum combined with local requirements and it hosts Grades 0–10, age groups 5–16. For the AY 2019–2020, the school will have approx. 750 students and 80 pedagogical staff members, 50 of whom are from Finland. The primary task of the school is to provide quality education as well as to support and develop the education system of Qatar.
We are looking for new top-of-the-line education professionals:
- Class teachers
- Special education (SEN) teachers
- Subject teachers
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography), Mathematics, World History and Social Studies, Physical Education, English, French, Spanish, German, Psychology, Philosophy, Crafts (hard & soft), Music, and Arts
- School counsellors
- Guidance counsellors
to work at Qatar–Finland International School, Doha starting on 17 August 2019.
Are you a highly qualified teacher, with knowledge and experience of the Finnish education system, in search of a new career path? Do you want to develop your horizons both personally and professionally? We are looking for creative and open-minded professionals who are innovative in their pedagogy and who welcome positive challenges.
We want you, if you:
- Are interested in new cultures and experiences
- Have a passion for education and teaching
- Are a confident facilitator of age-appropriate active learning
- Emphasise pedagogical play
- Are a flexible team worker in and out of the classroom
- Are a hard working developer
- Have good stress management skills
- Have a solid working proficiency in English
We offer you a fantastic opportunity to develop your professional competences in a truly international environment as a member of an inspiring, multicultural team! Please find the detailed job descriptions here and more information about Qatar-Finland International School on the school’s website.
Embark on this journey with us! To apply, fill in the application and attach your CV in EUROPASS format, including a cover letter (all in English) by 7 February 2019. We’ll start reviewing the applications right away.
For more information, please contact:
HR Specialist Miia Nejlik, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 50 4407976, Mon–Fri, at 1–3 pm (GMT+2).
HR Director Suvi Geier, email@example.com, +358 40 7655705, Mon–Fri, at 3–5 pm (GMT+2).
On 25–26 January, you can meet us at Educa in Helsinki!
Our personnel share solid experience of the Finnish school environment, pedagogical competence honed through practical work and a passion to teach. Add to that the ability and desire to evolve with the team and you have someone who fits into our team perfectly both in Finland and abroad.Jyrki Saarivaara, CEO